Nick Reese has done an incredible job of building websites, developing outstanding searchable content and selling other people’s products on his sites. He gets a commission on every sale or lead he sends to the company. So he never had to create his own product in order to build his business (he has since branched out into other areas that you can check out on his new site). Pat Flynn also does an amazing job at this, and he actually shows how much he generates on a monthly basis from his affiliates here.
Whether you are a college student still in university looking to make a few bucks to spend while partying on the weekends, stay at home mom or dad trying to help with bills, or just a person who likes to get a side hustle going, on this page you’ll find all the best ways to make money in your spare time. This post will be updated and the list will grow, so be sure to bookmark it so you don’t miss any new ways of making online money.
23. Affiliates – There are many affiliate networks, such as FlexOffers and CJ Affiliate that allow you to promote other people’s products and services. You simply put a link or a banner on your page and then you get a percentage if someone clicks through and buys the product/service. You’ll want to select products that are specifically within your blog’s category.This is an effective way to earn money once you have the traffic coming to your blog.
Once you really focus your efforts on one method and stop jumping from one thing to another, you will soon start to see results. And once you see results, motivation will take over from there and you will just keep going. The problem for most people is that they give up usually right before they see results. They work for a few weeks or months, they don’t see results, they give up and go for another method. They repeat this with any method the come across, and never make any decent money.
The best part about being a YouTube Partner is that it’s free to join (although there are a few requirements but more on that later) and once you become a Partner and enable ads, you don’t have to do a single thing. Google Adsense will take care of everything for you. All you need to do is create quality videos and promote them so you can get more views.
Great stuff Sean – as always, packed with tons of valuable information, resources, and proposed next steps. Takes the stress out of where to start and what to do. Also the love wide variety of ways you mention to make some extra coin – everything from SEO work, freelance writing, consulting, and even selling stuff you don’t need/want around the house on CL… awesome! Big-fan of #4 (pre-sell a product). Definitely something I haven’t done yet but will be experimenting with in the next few months. Thanks again man – cheers!
Now, making money online should seem like a pleasurable activity. Why wouldn't we do just about anything to see things through, since it would be a major source of pleasure, right? Wrong. In the beginning, like anything else, we might get really excited about it. We might also set our hopes very high. But that all comes crashing down when we begin to fail.
18. CraigsList – Some things don’t ship very well. Other things may make you feel uncomfortable to sell to someone across the country. Anytime you’re selling a large item or something you just don’t want to ship, Craigslist is a great place to go. It’s simple to list your item (again, take good pictures!). If you don’t like the idea of putting your phone number out there, the interested individual can send you a message to your inbox without even getting your email address.
19. eBay – Of course you can’t read an article about making money online that doesn’t mention eBay. You can start an eBay store and get serious about it or you can just sell some stuff to declutter your home. Either way, I’ve made my fair share from selling on eBay and it’s still a popular way to earn money. If you decide to start an actual eBay store, you’ll want to find a drop-ship business like Doba that will store and ship items straight to your customers so you don’t have to deal with an inventory.
27. Sponsored/paid posts – Many blogs publish sponsored and paid posts. Sponsored posts are basically just posts about a specific brand, product or service. A company will pay you to publish an article about it. It’s similar with other paid posts as well. Your basically selling the spot for the article on your site. If you decide to take this route, you’ll want to build your traffic before you will get many offers.
20. Etsy – If you like to create arts and crafts, you can sell them on Etsy.It’s completely free to open an Etsy store. You simply sign up, post pictures of your creations and starting selling. You can choose your payment option, but PayPal is generally the easiest. Etsy makes it easy to sell and keep track of your inventory. There is a small listing fee and they take 3.5% of every sale you make.
Really good article with some great tips. Affiliate marketing has the potential to earn lots of money and I'm hoping I can make it happen. I have tried the matched betting and it DEFINITELY works. The one thing I would say is that you need to check that any bets have been accepted by the bookmaker. I have had on occasion bets which look like they have been accepted but don't register in my account. Always go into your account and check outstanding bets or your bet history.
You'll also need ecommerce software, fulfillment software, worry about warehousing, customer service and refunds. But that's not all. You'll also need traffic. Think search engine optimization, Facebook ads, and other social media campaigns. It is hard work, especially on your own. You could opt for Amazon's platform, which might be the easier route. But, then again, at the end of the day, this is a serious business, which could produce significant profits. So you're either all in or you're not.
29. Videos – This could be an entire section on it’s own. Many people have made money by creating YouTube videos. Evan of EvanTube is a kid and he has made millions by creating reviews of products that other kids his age would use. It’s not easy to get views into the millions, but once you do, you’ll start seeing some cash come in. Many bloggers have completely turned to videos to get their point across by starting a video blog.
Sure, there are some options like blogging that can make you a full time living but it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. But the majority of these methods, like surveys, reviewing, money making apps and so on, are not going to help you quite your day job. They are great for earning a little side cash in your free time. There is no need for me to hype things up and tell you otherwise.
SwagBucks PayPal gift card redemption is definitely not instant. Their website says it can take up to 10 business days. I have cashed in several PayPal gift cards with them and it could take anywhere from 24 hours to the full 10 days to receive them. About 5 business days seems to be most common. Don’t get me wrong…I love earning with SwagBucks. But Paypal payment is definitely not instant.
I just made my first online dollar today (well South Africa Rand actually, but you get it)! I’m an artist whose been working for commissions for years (a good idea if you want to be steadily paid), but now I want to do my own work. I barely started my online promotional mission and I’ve just had a sale of a print of my work almost by accident. Gives me a lot of encouragement that I’m going in the right direction.
Being a blogger is one of the best ways to earn money online. Apart from this one can also make money by playing online real money games. Recently I have found a browser game – Wealth Words. It’s an online crossword gaming website where a user gets real cash money for solving the crossword puzzles right. You can add this to the list as well! It’s really entertaining to play and win.
If you're ready to enter the ecommerce fray, you could sell your own stuff. Of course, along with selling your own stuff on your own website comes a whole slew of both responsibilities and technical configuration and requirements. For starters, you'll need a website and a hosting account. You'll also need a merchant account like ones offered by Stripe or PayPal. Then you'll need to design that site, build a sales funnel, create a lead magnet and do some email marketing.
I do surveys with Pinecone, and yes they do have points now for the surveys, but you can still use the points for cash. Each survey gives 300 points and 300 points is equal to $3.00 if you use the cash option. The cash option is under the “featured” part of the rewards page. I never had to change anything and when request the cash from points, it’s still sent to my paypal which is how I had it set up before, even though it goes through confirming your address. I haven’t looked much through other rewards offered, but from what I’ve seen they look pretty decent.
Now, unfortunately, there are a lot of scams when it comes to GPT sites. So it’s best to stick with well known, trusted sites that have been around for a while. You don’t want to complete offers for a month then when it’s time to cash out your earning find out that the site no longer exist. Trust me, I have seen a lot of “here today, gone tomorrow” rewards sites.
I just began blogging in 2017 and my first dollar was also from affiliate marketing. But the more experience I get, the more I’m realizing that long-term success probably won’t come from looking for products to promote, and then finding an audience – but rather finding problems to solve, building and serving an audience, and only then, promoting my own or others products that fit. There may be shortcuts, but I’m not sure how sustainable they are?
People are turning to audio and visuals when it comes to technical subjects. However, you should consider doing an ebook first and turning it into an audiobook through a resource like Audible's ACX platform. You can hire a producer either through a royalty share program, so you don't have to shell out upfront cash, or you can do a pay-per-hour hire as well.
The Field Agent app is available on Android and Apple devices. You only need to look for tasks within your area, do the research, submit the details of your findings and wait for your money. These tasks are simple and involve visiting stores and checking on issues such as display compliance, demos, and shelf availability. Each job may give you earnings between $3 to $12.